Pocket Chart Stands

If you're like me, then you love pocket charts! Only problem I was running into is finding a stand for them. I was shocked to see stands in teacher magazines and in teacher stores normally priced from $70 to $90 dollars! Well, my teacher salary doesn't really allow me to buy pricey things like that! So, I ended up stapling most of my charts to my wall. But because I'm a little picky about putting holes in my pocket charts to begin with (those charts are expensive too!) I was soooo happy to get this tid bit of information. Instead of buying those pricey chart stands from teacher stores...you can buy them at Target or Walmart for less than $20!!! What's the catch? There are none! You just need to find your way to the laundry organizer section and there they are...portable clothing racks that look and work perfectly for pocket charts! Just buy some extra notebook rings at any office supply store and you have the perfect and cheap pocket chart stand!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love it! Thanks for sharing this wonderful idea! Pocket chart holders are way to expensive and the one I have is falling apart.

1st grade teacher said...

If you want to hang them on your wall without poking holes in them, here's another idea: Command hooks. I used them with two of my pocket charts last year and they are amazing! Once you know which spot on the wall you want to hang the chart, line the hooks up with the holes at the top and then use the sticky strips to mount them on the wall. The Command strips are sturdy and won't fall down, and when you want to get rid of them, you can pull them off and they will come off cleanly with little effort and no mess. They are great, and very inexpensive!

Anonymous said...

This is the best idea! I am so glad that you posted this! I have been going crazy trying to find one that sticks to my budget! =)

Newer Post Older Post Home

About Me

My photo
I'm a first grade teacher on a military post in Colorado. My job is great and I couldn't imagine doing anything else!

Followers


Recent Comments